Monster 5 Lesson Plans KS3 – Teacher Resources
The much-anticipated and action-packed Monster is the first book in Michael Grant’s newest trilogy. Set in the aftermath of the bestselling GONE series, Monster is a thrilling start to a terrifying new world where everyone is developing powers. Superheroes and supermonsters are created. A battle between good and evil ensues.
True to his style, Grant remains the evil genius of YA Fiction. His writing delivers an enthralling tale, one which you cannot look away from until you have gotten to the last word.
To accompany this new release, we have created some amazing teacher resources for key stage 3 students based on the book Monster. Spread over 5 lessons these detailed plans and guided reading questions are a great exploration of creative writing and literary analysis.
- Cirriculum and Lesson Overview
- Lesson Plan 1 – Building skills in literary analysis
- Lesson Plan 2 – Exploring descriptive language
- Lesson Plan 3 – Exploring themes article writing, creative writing and debate
- Lesson Plan 4 – Exploring character through drama and structure
- Lesson Plan 5 – Understanding action and drama in a novel driven by both
Enter our Teacher and Librarian competition where you could win 30 copies of Monster for your classroom plus a staff room hamper.